As soon as the weather begins to warm I get way to excited for warm weather. This outfit is a transition of my favorite parts of winter and spring fashion.
I slipped on this turtle neck this morning planning to wear it with jeans. I realized I was way to bored for wearing jeans and a sweater so I pulled out one of my favorite summer prices, my button up denim skirt. As always the most important thing of any outfit for me is that I’m comfy wearing it around all day and this denim skirt sure is more comfy than skinny jeans. I loved the look of this combo! I paired it with some beat up converse to go with the effortless look I was going for.
I kept my hair and makeup pretty natural for an effortless look . I wore a bright pink lipstick gloss to transition out of my winter lipsticks which are darker and are mostly matte.
I love turtle necks with a loose neck and I’m constantly on the lookout for a cute turtleneck. I was so happy when I found this one. I also like the ribbed texture of this sweater which looks great with the scooped neck.
I don’t often wear skirts but this skirt is AMAZING. It goes with absolutely anything. When want to look cute but don’t want to be too dressed up I wear this skirt. I also like to use this skirt to dress up a t-shirt.
I decided not to bring a purse with this outfit and just use my keychain wallet on my puffball keychain. The puffball is meant to be put on a purse but I prefer keeping it on a keychain because it make my keys cute to carry around.
Sweater– I got it from free people but it is no longer available. There are similar turtle necks currently available
Skirt– The exact skirt is not available on the Brandy Melville website however there are similar ones. I’ve recently seen this skirt in Pac Sun.
Puff ball Key chain
Wallet – they did not have the exact one but this is similar
Do you have any winter to spring transition favorites?
I’m stuck at home due to icy roads and I was craving something tasty. I find it’s hard to stay healthy during lazy days at home. I found some frozen shrimp in the freezer and threw together a healthy lunch with what I could find.
- rice: white rice topped with lemon and roasted sesame seeds
- shrimp: seasoned and covered in olive oil then grilled
- green beans: boiled with salt
- bean sportut salad: boiled bean sprouts with white vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil topped with roasted sesame seeds
- tea: iced black tea with lemon
- fruit: mango, banana, and strawberries
Do you have a favorite lazy day meal?
Sometimes I can hardly remember all the things I eat through my day. Looking bad at many busy days I made a lot of unhealthy choices without even noticing. One of my new years resolutions was to eat healthier but I quickly found this was hard to do because I did not track it and their are many different types of healthy eating.
Looking to develop healthy habits I started a journal documenting what I eat thought the day as well as a pixel calendar in order to see my overall trends. I came up with my own definition on healthy and unhealthy eating which consisted of eating more fruits and veggies and limiting unhealthy snacks and greasy food. To start out I decided not to look at calories but instead focus on eating quality food.
I also used this as a quick tally of how much water I am drinking thought the day as a quick reminder.
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lip color in the color Slipper Orchid with and without gloss.
A bright lip color can either make or break a look. I’m usually terrified of wearing bright lipstick fearing it will smear, start coming off, or worse get on my teeth. Here are six tips to pull of any shade of lipstick:
- Use a primer. This step is super important to getting a lasting bright look. A
- Clear lip liner. A lip lier should be clear or a very similar shade to your color of lipstick.
- Use concealer to fix any imperfections.
- Try lip stain. I prefer using a matte lip stain then adding gloss on top. Lip stain stays really well even when eating and drinking.
- Blot your lipstick. After applying a coat of lipstick use a tissue or blotting sheet and bad your lips to remove excess product then apply more lipstick and repeat. This is also important to making any lipstick last.
- Use concealer to fix any imperfections. After your lipstick is applied use a small brush and trace your lip line for a crisp defined look.
I’m obsessed this this outfit! Its easy and perfect to instantly look cute.
Top: Brandy Melville $25- click here
Skirt: Brandy Melville- No longer sold online however this style can be found in many different stores
Swimsuit- Vicotrias Secret